Re: [T3] Solex's and Idle speed

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Wednesday 17 October 2001 19:12, Keith Park wrote:
> 65 T3 with stock dual solex's
>
> Ive sync'd them and have them all adjusted up BUT... my idle will eather
> adjust to 1100 OR 750! and of course I want it in the middle... in the
> course of using it sometimes it will idle at eather but seldom in the
> middle.
>
>     The Opel folk HATE the stock solex's on their cars and one of the
> complaints is an idle that is constantly wandering around.. is this a
> characteristic of our solex's as well??

I have never had problems with the T-3 carbs not holding an idle speed. I
would be more suspicious of the distributor not returning to the same timing
point every time. It only takes a couple degrees of timing change to change
the idle a couple hundred rpm. If you have both mechanical and vac. advance,
I would suspect the mechanical sticking.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT