Re: [T3] Hooter Brackets on Front Bumper

On 17 Oct 2001, at 15:44, Ian Ruinaard wrote:

> I stripped my 68 fastback's front bumper to clean up the rust & paint
> the brackets & have got it all back together but for a small
> problem...... As I remember the car should have has 2 hooters - Am I
> correct There is a small bracket with a plastic/rubber insulator piece
> on it that fits into the bumper -  one of the Hooters mounts onto this
> (I think). I cannot figure out how & where this fits inside the bumper

If "hooters" means horns, then there was only 1. The horn bracket
goes on the left bumper bracket. Sorry, I don't remember exactly
how it looks or mounts. I don't remember that any of this had any
rubber or plastic on it, however, so that may not be an OE part.

> The front bumper also has a strengthening 'U' shaped piece that fits
> into the centre & thru 2 holes in the lower valance - does this have 2
> concertina like bellows that fit inside the body ?

Yes, these have to be installed in the spare tire well BEFORE you
try to install the U-piece. The concertina pieces have 1 square end
and one angled end; the angled ends face forward, and both ends
should snap into the holes in the body.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org