RE: [T3] worn link pins

<x-flowed>At 09:56 AM 10/16/01 -0600, Daniel M. Hoopes wrote:
> >If you feel you need one, as Jim says, remove the orginal one
> >completely and
> >replace it with an Empi camber compensator for a Type-1.
>i did this a while back and i noticed that the rubber "saddles" where the
>axle rests hit into the lower z-bar mounts and cause the rubber to wear in a
>weird pattern and it kinda twists the rubber.

Unless the swingaxle T3 is different than the swingaxle T1, the lower z-bar
mounts should be bolted on  ...?  When I replaced the transaxle on my '65
T1, the replacement came from a '67 T1 with the z-bar setup, and the lower
mounts came off (fell off) when I unbolted the axle tube from the spring plate.