[T3] RE: [T3] stereo instalation

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>We've put an Alpine with CD changer in our '64 Notch. PO had converted
it to 12volt, but we were still having problems with it draining the batt
when not in use. We had the shop put a hidden switch under the dash, so
it gets just enough power to keep the radio presets, but doesn't drain the
battery anymore.

So the switch is on/off?  I'm curious how this allows "just enough power"
for the radio presets?  ;)

I have a feeling the shop modified the radio power connections so that they
were hooked up correctly for a modern stereo - 1 wire to battery + (keeps
presets), 1 wire to switched power, which in this case is your toggle switch
but it could also be a spot on the fuse box that only receives power when
the key is "on".

Everett

</x-charset>