Re: [T3] General notes

On 11 Oct 2001, at 7:32, Mike Wodkowski wrote:

> Re  "All the way on": What I did was go to full start position. I
> don't know, it seemed like a good idea at the time. It just cranked
> the starter but my point is, I got the car running back up to idle, so
> the chugging would stop, as opposed to turning the key to the start
> position, which did not bring the car back to idle.
>
> And then I turned it off again.

Okay, I understand. I kinda wonder if you could have gotten it
running normally without turning on the starter. After you just
turned the key ON, did you try giving it some gas to see if you
could get it to recover from the chug chug mode?

> Yeah, Keith and I double-checked the wiring on the relay and all was
> fine there. Keith guessed that maybe something could be sticking after
> so much time sitting, and that maybe it just passed with use, since it
> didn't seem to be running on anymore.

I don't remember for sure, but I THINK that when I first looked at
that relay it was hooked up and working, there was just nothing
hooked to its output side.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org