[T3] dim gen light

Been a while since I have written to the list, but I have been
listening.
Anyway, at night when I have all the lights on (and the stereo
ofcourse!) I get a very very dim gen light.  I haven't been to
concerned since I rarely drive at night (I rarely drive the car) and
only for short distances locally.  I have tried turning off the stereo
and it doesn't change.  I do have the euro headlights and realize that
this is probably the biggest draw (not sure exactly which bulbs, but I
think they are H4).  Last night I checked voltage (digital VOM) across
the gen (ground and D+) at idle (800rpm) with nothing on (I was
clothed but nothing electrical was turned on in the car) and got
roughly 14V which increased to 15.4V at higher rpms.  With all lights
on and the stereo, at idle got 13.4V and about 14.8V at higher rpms.
Never saw below 13.2V, even with turn signals on (voltage did go up
and down with turn signals blinking and the gen light gets brighter
when turn signals on).  I took all three wires off the gen and steel
wooled connectors and gen post, including the gen case ground. Is
everything OK and nothing to worry about or is something in need of
adjustment or replacement?
I am going to try to get to Puyallup show this weekend.  It is roughly
180-200 miles and more than likely will be coming home in the dark.

Brian Schlepp
69 Fasty, dual Solex32, bright headlights, big Bosch driving lights
(only city bulbs wired), sidemarker lights, big stereo, electric fuel
pump.