Re: [T3] General notes

> I ran into this once, and I am trying to remember what the problem was. It
> was a feed back from somewhere, like the idiot lights or something, were
> wired wrong.

This has been a suspicion of mine, since my fuse block has a huge number of
inconsistencies with the wiring diagram. Jim and I took care of some of it,
but when Keith had me look at the wiring again I noticed that it seemed that
PO's couldn't make heads or tails of which diagram to use, the one that says
1971 or 1972 (the wiring diagrams are labeled by manufacturing date, not
model year). It really looks like a nasty job of untangling everything and
putting it all in place. A job that would take a guy like me a couple of
days probably. So I've been putting it off.

> Or maybe the diode in the voltage regulator.
> As the engine continues to turn over after the key is turned off, the
> generator is still putting out voltage until the engine stops completely.
> Try disconnecting the generator field wire when it is doing this, and then
> see if it still does this.

Which wire is that? Sorry, no Bentley in front of me.

> Does it do it everytime you shut the engine off???

It does not do it every time. In fact, it hasn't done it for almost a month
now. I don't think its happened since the disaster.

> You can have a leaky injector, and not affect the gas milage significantly.
> Try pulling the injectors out of their mounting, and just run the key off and
> on a few times to build fuel pressure. See if the tip of an of the injectors
> is wet.
> Let me think on this some more..

Ok. Will try to do this weekend. Going to DC and have a deadline for a TV
pilot I'm writing (my life is getting weirder and weirder). So it'll
probably be next week.
--
Mike Wodkowski
72 SQBK