Re: [T3] SOLVED! Hard Starting (6V) (kinda long)

On 10 Oct 2001, at 20:05, JaransonT3@aol.com wrote:

> Looks like I have a bad connection inside the switch!!  I believe I
> have finally isolated the problem.  Now what to do?  Can the switch be
> repaired or am I on the hunt for the early Ignition Switch?  I suppose
> I could also wire in a remote starter switch.  This isn't a concourse
> restoration after all.

Congratulations! Well, at least you now know what the problem is.

I think you can take 2 approaches here: Either remove the switch
far enough so that you can tap the crimp closed a bit more. This
may be all it needs. I think you'll find that there are no other
connections inside, the moving switch contacts are just on the
other side of the fiber board.

Your other option is to try to take the whole switch carefully apart
and see if there's anything you can do inside to make it even better
when you put it back together. This has the potential of making a
more long lasting repair, but also the possibility of ruining it.

Good luck!