Re: [T3] Engine Question

On 9 Oct 2001, at 12:41, Clint Tredway wrote:

> Here is a really dumb question, but I have to ask it anyway. I just
> put new heads and rings on my 67 Square, and now after I have adjusted
> my timing and got the car running, it feels like the clutch is
> slipping.
>
> My question is, can rebuilding the engine make the clutch go out of
> adjustment or ?

There are a number of possibilities:

You may have forgotten to finish tightening the pressure plate bolts.

You may just need to adjust the clutch pedal free play (ignore this
if there is any free play at all.)

You may have an oil leak that is wetting the clutch disk. This would
show up as a new wet spot on your driveway.

You may have a badly worn clutch that was okay with the "old"
engine, but is now slipping now that you are giving it more torque.

Let us know what you find.