Re: [T3] Later model gauges

On 9 Oct 2001, at 13:52, veedub@apartment101.com wrote:

> My speedo is just about shot.  I know that Jim and Pat (I think)
> rebuild speedos, but I'm more interested in putting in later model
> gauges if they will fit and wire up okay (like Toby's squareback).
>
> Does anybody know if this is a "plug and play" swap or are their
> wiring differences between them?  (I don't have the later model
> schematics to compare to my 68). If so, does anyone have some for
> sale?

You can put any type 3 gauges up thru 70 in your 68. After that
they changed the length of the retaining springs. I can put a late
speedo in an early case if you want a grey one with trip odometer,
but you'll have to buy the late speedometer in addition to paying for
a rebuild (which it will probably need anyway.)

> If these gauges won't work, how much to rebuild them or buy a refurbed
> unit?

I charge $55, including return shipping, to fix the odometer on any
of our speedometers. There's no extra charge to swap housings in
the process. I have good rebuildable units available; the price
depends on what you want.