Re: [T3] Head Temp Sensor

On 9 Oct 2001, at 9:21, JSmith3@SARCOM.COM wrote:

> Is there anyway to test the head temp sensor to see if it is working or
> having problems?

In general you just measure their resistance and they are fine as
long as they are neither shorted nor open. I have heard people say
that they often fail intermittently, but the only example of this that I
have seen is when the wire insulation wears thru on the 68-9 early
cars when the sensor is mounted underneath.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054