RE: [T3] crankcase full of gas, i got yer gas and oil

On 8 Oct 2001, at 12:05, JSmith3@SARCOM.COM wrote:

> This was my first thought.  I had to take out the dist. to change
> the condenser, I was thinking I either put it in wrong or put the
> wires on wrong.  I was careful to put the engine in #1 position
> and visually remember where everything went in reqard to the
> placement of the dist. and laid the wires in the same
> configuration.

My guess is that you didn't get the dist fully seated in the engine
and the drive dog is not fully engaged in the drive gear slot. You
have to push down on the dist while you rotate the shaft by the
rotor and then feel it drop down into the slot.

Once it is properly installed you should not be able to rotate the
rotor more than about 30 degrees in the CW direction and none in
the CCW direction.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org