RE: [T3] crankcase full of gas, i got yer gas and oil

On 8 Oct 2001, at 8:37, JSmith3@SARCOM.COM wrote:

> Is this possible in a FI car even without jacking up the front?  I did a
> tune up on my car and now it will not start.  I keep adjusting and then
> turning it over (many many times) to no avail.  When I pull the dip stick to
> check the oil it seems very thin (cold) and smells of gas.  I heard the
> smell test doesn't work, but was curious if this could be the problem.
> After letting it sit overnight, I was able to start it and there were plums
> of bluish white exhaust, but then I let it, accidently, stall and it will
> not start again.  I have spark and gas and it ran before the tune up.

No, this really doesn't happen at all with the FI cars. Once used, oil
will always smell like gas, just because gas is so "smelly."

It is most likely that in your tuneup efforts you have either jostled
something accidentally, or misadjusted something, or put
something back together wrong. Do you have all the spark plug
wires back on the right plugs?

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org