[T3] Throttle pressure Vacuum (Modulator) adjustment

Does anyone have a simple method to adjust this device?
The Bentley manual gives instructions to adjust this device using high
pressure gauges which I don't have.

I am still attempting to figure out why my auto transmission shift somewhat
hard from first to second and back down to first. It does shift smoothly in
other gears I.E. 2nd to 3rd.
I have checked and tightened the mounting bolts. The fluid is at the proper
level and has just been changed and was clean.
I have attempted to adjust the vacuum modulator by turning the allen hex
screw through the hose connection.
I have turned it in about 1-1/2 turns (clockwise). It seems to be revving
higher before shifting now. It still shifts somewhat hard into second. It
does seem peppier thought as it is running up higher before shifting.
I ran out of light (and Steam) and will try backing it off tomorrow.
Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Peter Legault
1973 Type 3 1600 FI/Auto