[T3] Need the time???

I have a original clock on my Fasty that for some reason will work
intermittently. I have taken apart the dash board to exchange the plastic
part for a new one that I have coming in the mail.
The question is does anybody knows how to fix these clocks or is there a
trick to them ???
I have checked for constant voltage to it and it's fine, if I tap it works
and keeps time perfectly but once I shut the engine of it also stops , Any
ideas????
Also I am willing to sell the old dash it has one crack around the center
speaker otherwise it is in excellent shape. I am taking pic's if anyone is
interested.
  David&Sylvia
   67 Fastback