[T3] '66 FB progress

Well, I got my new fuel pump Friday, and got it on the car yesterday.
It runs!!!!
BUT, only with the battery charger hooked up. It will continue to run for a
few seconds, then starts to sputter and die. I checked the voltage at the
generator, and it is 7.5V. I checked the voltage at the coil while running,
before it dies. It starts to sputter and die when the voltage gets down to
5.5V. The voltage gradually drops. The voltage regulator looks new. There was
even an empty regulator box in the back seat when I got the car.
Looks like I have a lot of investigation to do on the wiring.
I am considering going ahead and doing the conversion to 12V right now, but I
would like to take it out and drive it before I do, to check the transmission
and such.
And I need to check the brakes. I know the front calipers are locking up.
--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT