Re: [T3] General notes

On 6 Oct 2001, at 1:28, Mike Wodkowski wrote:

> tried to locate the source of my run-on, which was not wiring related, we
> don't think, unless there's some strange hidden thing going on somewhere.
> I actually haven't had a run-on situation in a while. I thought it might be
> a leaky injector, but if that was the case it'd stay that way, wouldn't it?
> And it'd reflect on the mileage, which last checked was 27 on the freewaay,
> including a major traffic jam. And hovering around 15mpg in the city, but
> again, traffic has been crazy bad around here. A friend of mine took the car
> to Massachusetts and logged 33mpg! But he said he was driving 55-60 mph the
> whole way up in no traffic.

That's really excellent mileage, I never get that good....

With the FI we usually don't have run-on problems because the key
turn off both the gas and the spark. On rare occasions I've had a
single "THUMP" a brief moment after turning the key off, but I've
suspected my CDI ignition of giving off a orphan spark sometimes
after shutdown.

I don't know what else it could be....