Re: [T3] cross threaded spark plugs

On Friday 05 October 2001 05:42, Dave Campen wrote:
> [...]

No problem, just thought I would point it out.
Spark plug thread chasers can be purchased fairly cheap at most auto parts
stores. And, they are designed typically to go into a spark plug socket.
After installing spark plugs in VW's for over 35 years, I have found that a
magnetic socket that "was" put out by Champion spark plugs. It works great. I
do not know if they are still available.
If you can't find one of those, try to find one that holds the plug by the
procelein. Sadly, most plug sockets grab the plug by the wire connector on
the plug, which ours do not use.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT