Re: [T3] crankcase full of gas, i got yer gas and oil

--- Andrew Payne <droo@odometer.org> wrote:
> okay, so what the...?
>
>  screw gas in the cylinders i just emptied out a
> gallon and a half of
> gas/oil from my crankcase. trust me, the smell test
> works it was definitely
> gas and lots of it. so any guesses? how does that
> much gas get in the
> engine? i have a 70' with dual webers, and a
> electric fuel pump.
>
> cheers
> andrew
>
> Very easy for this to happen, the fuel pump has too
much pressure and will over power the needle valve in
the carb's and fill up the crankcase with fuel, lost a
bus engine that way. On a trip lost fuel pump ,
replaced with one with too much pressure, told parts
man it was too high pressure , he said it wouldn't
hurt anything , he wouldn't pay for the engine, said I
should have known better. Phil