Re: [T3] trigger points measuring

On 3 Oct 2001, at 8:39, Kris Taylor wrote:

> Ok, the car was not charging, replaced the regulator,
> charges ok now, distributor is out, i want to know if
> anyone knows what the minimum measurement of the tabs
> should be that rub on the distributor lobes for the
> trigger points. I dint want to put 50 bucks into it if
> its not going to fix my running problem,

They almost NEVER need to be replaced. At most, you should just
run a piece of clean paper between the points to clean them. If a
piece of dirt gets in there then the resistance will go to infinity and
the FI won't run. Normal resistance would be about an Ohm. 10
Ohms would surely be fine and I'm guessing that 50 would also
work, but it would make me wonder what was causing this high
resistance.

Getting the charging system working will make the FI work LOTS
better.  ;-)

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org