Re: [T3] cross threaded spark plugs

In a message dated 10/3/01 11:23:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
veedub@apartment101.com writes:

<< It took my two hours!!! That's rediculous.  Anyway, I
 had trouble getting the plug into #4, and I think I may have cross threaded
 it.  Is there anyway to tell?  She started right up, but there seems to be a
 slight miss.  I took her for a ride and she ran okay, but still acting a
 little bit funny. >>
Jason,
    If this is the first time you've tried to change your plugs, the lenghth
of time it took you is somewhat understandable. It takes 'pratice' of how to
position yourself as well as your hands, etc to find wht works. As to the
possible cross-threading, I use a piece of heat shrink tubing that fits
snugly over the top(ceramic) portion of the plug. This allows some
flexability in manuvering in tight places & aids in not cross-threading.

Tom