RE: [T3] How to get insurance companies to recognize value

My baby and I were in a 90-degree rollover (driver's side only touched the
Earth) when an old fart ran a stop sign.  His insurance company said they
would buy it from me, giving me it's blue book value of $600.  I told them
this wasn't a stock car and explained her differences.  They were
unimpressed and stood there ground, of course.  I was so insulted that I
went to two independent VW mechanics (who worked air-cooled dubs) and got
appraisals on my baby.  Then I took the person to small claims court.  When
his insurance company heard about what I did and that I was only looking for
damage repair and nothing more (emotional distress and phooie) they settled
out of court, giving me exactly what I demanded.

   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/

for.