[T3] hesitating/cutting out

Hello all, I experienced this the other day and it is
still there, I drove to work just fine, leaving work,
after it was warmed up, it fell flat on its face when
accelerating, then kicked in, its acting like a miss,
but I replaced ignition wires, they were old anyway, I
have the equipment to check everything else, the list
is long what Ive checked already, anyway, driving to
work this morning, dark, I noticed the generator light
on very dim every time the car would cut out, and all
the lights would dim, the car is not a wiring hack job
like some vws, its mostly original, should i replace
the generator? voltage regulator? have you seen this
before Jim? Anyone? thank you, Kris Taylor
72 fi auto