RE: [T3] brakes

>Since you say that the brakes work well once you pump them up a
>couple of strokes, I believe you will find that your rear shoes need
>to be adjusted. They are too far from the drum and it just takes a
>couple of strokes to move them in far enough to start to do
>anything.

Same thing that's happening on my Suburban after I did a rear disk brake conversion.  I don't have the parking brake cables hooked up yet, so I have to double-pump.  I'm probably screaming a little louder than you may be though, with the tonnage of ~3 squarebacks to slow down instead of just one...

Jake Kooser