Re: [T3] Fuel Pump Relay not clicking. 34 ICT? and Fresh Air Vent??'s

On 1 Oct 2001, at 8:48, Cnojd@aol.com wrote:

> 68 Fastback, All stock.
>
> I've had some battery problems and got a new battery this weekend.  I
> hadn't driven the car for a couple of weeks but last time I drove it
> everything was all right.   I tried to start it and it wouldn't!  The
> starter was cranking but no combustion.  I noticed that I could hear
> the click under the back seat but no click from the front of the car.
> The fuel pump relay is supposed to click right?  What do I do now to
> check it out?

My guess is that when you replaced the battery you broke the
extra red wire that runs from the + term to the FI main relay. If this
is broken, then no power can get to the brain, and there is no way
for it to run, or to turn on the pump relay.

> Also I took out the A/C on my 72 so I could replace the air vent drain
> hose.  Does someone have the file about cleaning out the vents? The
> search feature of the website isn't working.  I have pine needles in
> mine and I want to fix the darn things and replace the drain hose so
> my floor won't rust out

You don't have to replace the hose, just clean it out. There are 2
hoses, a long and a short.
-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org