Re: [T3] STill geting air in fuel lines.

On 29 Nov 2001, at 19:23, Keith Park wrote:

> Air cannot get INTO fuel lines, unless your run the tank dry.  Think this
> way... if 30PSI wont force gas out a possible hole... air sure wont get in.
> Just a myth!

The air gets in after you shut down the engine. First the gas boils
in the heat soak after shutdown forcing gas forward and backward
thru the check valve and pressure regulator and out of the lines, but
as the system cools the gas vapor condenses and the pressure
drops. Since there is now less gas in there than was necessary to
fill the system with liquid gas, you now end up with a partial
vacuum. This is when the air gets sucked in. It gets in thru any
number of tiny holes, including the injectors.

> Your pressure regulator may be bad, they shouldnt make noise, are you
> watching the fuel pressure with all this going on??

The squeal is common. My 68 did it when new, and for the next
10+ years.

Russ is absolutely right that this problem will be worse on a car
where the engine is running lean and therefore hot.