Re: [T3] STill geting air in fuel lines.

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On Thursday 29 November 2001 18:23, Keith Park wrote:
> Air cannot get INTO fuel lines, unless your run the tank dry.  Think this
> way... if 30PSI wont force gas out a possible hole... air sure wont get in.
> Just a myth!
>
> Your pressure regulator may be bad, they shouldnt make noise, are you
> watching the fuel pressure with all this going on??

Regulators can, and do make noise sometimes. BUT, it doesn't mean they are
going bad.
We calibrate our regulators with air. (less mess), and DO they sing with air
going through them. When fluid goes through them, the fluid acts as a damper
and they don't hum. When we switched from fluid to air for the calibration,
we had to put sound deadening material inside the machine so that people
working near it didn't have to wear hearing protection. We calibrate our
regulators 5 at a time, and sometimes they are not in harmony.

--
Russ Wolfe
'71 Fastback AT

</x-charset>