Re: [T3]

On 28 Nov 2001, at 12:27, Les Hamilton wrote:

> I Have 66 fastback still 6 volt.  At night with the light on my Gen Light is
> coming on but very dim. The brake lights make it a little brighter.  None of
> this really concerns me.  My ? is when i rev the engine the light gets brighter
> It never gets real bright except when the engine is off (normal) It may do it
> durring the day but it is too dim to notice.  I am thinking that the voltage
> regulater is the problem here but this is the first VW Ihave had in Nine Years
> so i want to be sure.  Also I need to check the shifter coupling How hard is
> this to get to?

It is probably NOT a VR problem, but rather a poor connection somewhere
between the VR and the fuse box. It's also not a fuse problem.

The coupler is easy to see once you jack up the car and take off the
inspection plate that is located on the bottom of the pan just in front of the
nose of the tranny.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org