Re: [T3] Difference between a 67 and 68?

On 26 Nov 2001, at 13:48, Cf Vw tuner wrote:

> Being that my car is an earlyish 68 could I call it a 67?  That seems to be the
> cutoff between Vintage VW's and Old VW's..

Our cars are divided by model year, not calendar year. Production of MY 68
VW started in August of 67 so that there could be 68s in dealer showrooms
in September. The third digit of the chassis number (VIN) is the last digit of
the model year, so your VIN starts out 318.... A 67 would start out 317....

The dividing line between early and late in type 3s is the 69-70 boundary
where the body changed dramatically. The boundary you're talking about is
for beetles, but since most old VWs out there are beetles, that's what most
people know about.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org