Re: [T3] Marker lights, should'nt they stay on?

Erik de Jong wrote:

> Well I guess Ill throw my two cents in here now too. What I was told was
> that the side markers were set up differently in different countries, for
> there laws. In my experience the amber and white turn signals were used as
> parking signals. The way they were supposed to work is when the car is shut
> off and the parking lights on, you turn the switch to whatever side is
> towards the street. It will constantly stay on like a regular parking light.

Correct, but you dont have to pull the regular light switch, as the turn signal
lever will only light up one side. If you pull the regular switch one notch, you
light up all four corners. WIth the turn switch, you light up either left or
right side.

> The orange lensed side markers were used as turn signals. With the ignition
> on when you flip the turn signals on they flashed as well.

Correct as well. This is how my car is outfitted. Side repeaters are mandatory
here, from 1971-on.

PerL
73 Variant L