[T3] Windshield replacement

I recently bought a completely original 66 fastback, pearl white, black
vinyl interior. Its in outstanding condition. It sat in a junkyard for 10
years before the PO pulled it out. Its still 6 volt and runs pretty darn
good. Ok now off to the real questions.

My windshield is cracked, I have a windshield that came with the car (extra)
and Ive gotten the window rubber. I was wondering are all of the windows
universal. I dont want to pull the old window out and find out this other
one wont fit it. The other thing, Ive put a couple of windshields into flat
windshield beetle and they crack so easily. Is that the case with type 3's?
Can anyone give me pointers on how to get it in without tearing up my car?

One thing I love about this fast is the window scrapers, inner and outer
look brand new.

Erik de Jong
65 & 66 fastback
62 ghia (forsale,trade?)