RE: [T3] seven questions for thanksgiving

> > > 4.  i heard the Type 3 "cool tin" helped keep the cylinders cooler so
> > > have a set to use.  these are the tins that go under the cylinders and
> are
> > > really big compared to the little dinky 3 by 3 inch peices i had there
> on
> > > my old engine.  is this "cool tin" really cool?
> > >
> > You have to pull the heads to install the these parts. There may be a
> fit up
> > problem with the tin pieces under the fan shroud, but it can be worked
> out.
>
> They fit quite well, my car had these stock. These are called
> "forget-tins" by
> many tuners, because they are easy to forget before you install the heads
> and
> pushrod tubes.

	I have heard the name as well

	Does anybody have a picture of the 'cool tin' set up. My 68 Auto
fasty has the std set-up, but I would be interested to see what they look
like in comparison to mine. I think the might help quite a bite (The area in
South Africa that I stay in gets exceptionally hot in the summer months)

Ian Ruinaard
iruinaard@ppc.co.za