Re: [T3] Type 3 sighting in Jerusalem!

Daniel Baum wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wandering about in central Jerusalem today when i came across a
> metallic blue Variant parked on the other side of the street.
>
> I couldn't say what year it was, I don't know enough about the "ordinary"
> type 3s to tell. I got a really good look at it so give me some pointers and
> I could work out the year.

Big bumpers, big tail lights, big turn signals are all signs of 70-73 models.

> The really interesting thing about it was that the rear side windows had
> been replaced with metal to make a kind of small commercial van. Is it
> possible this was original? It was done really neatly and didn't look
> improvised at all.

All side windows (except door of course) or only the rearmost windows? If all
windows were metal, it probably was an original panel van. My dad had one of
those, a 1964. If only the rear most windows had metal panels, it could either
be a regular Variant with filled in windows, or a panel with middle panels
replaced by windows.

PerL
73 Variant L