Re: [T3] Fuel Pump woes

On 21 Nov 2001, at 13:56, JBowen7@aol.com wrote:

> The fuel pump on my '72 square has started leaking. Fuel is leaking from around
> the crimped silver cap on the head of the pump where the fuel lines connect.
> Any suggestions on how to repair this?  Are the O-rings for this pump still
> available somewhere?

I've seen these caps leak when they rusted thru. I've even fixed them by
soldering them up. I removed the caps to do this, but I suspect that it could
also be done in place (with an iron, not a torch!  ;-)

Otherwise you will have to replace the pump. I have relatively inexpensive
early pumps which look different but replace the late (70-73) pumps perfectly.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054