Re: [T3] RE: [T3] New member, hello, and Qs

On 20 Nov 2001, at 8:35, Everett Barnes wrote:

> Those door panels and parts look like the '66-'67 style.  Perhaps someone
> swapped out the door components, I believe the door panels would fit all
> years...

I think the shaft is different, so the late winder knob won't fit on the early
shaft.

> There are 2 different styles of chrome surrounds for the door pulls, 1 attaches
> with one bolt (late) and the other with 2 (early - pre '66?).

There are even more. The ones that I know of are, from early to late:

Chrome metal with opening for lock lever AND door release

Chrome metal with opening for door release only

Chrome plastic with opening for door release only

Black plastic with opening for door release only

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054