Re: [T3] Proper Part number on Distributor

On 19 Nov 2001, at 20:47, JASON CORNFELD wrote:

> okay guys. question for you! I have a D-Brain system. What is the proper
> part # on the dizzy? should the end # be A-B or an L??

The L is from 68-9 and the AB is from about 70, I think. Either will work just
fine.

> i got a coil from autozone. a wells. piece of junk. i think its 20,000 watts.
> i have a very old blue coil and i think those are 30,000 watts. and the
> 30,000 watt coil makes it run a little better. would a flame thrower 45,000
> watt coil make it run even better? or just burn points up?

Uhhh, that would be volts, not Watts, and neither is much of an indicator of
what will work well. The original coils are not much different from the blue
coils, but many of the aftermarket coils are poorly made. While they will
work fine, they may short out in a few years, rather than the decades that
the OE Bosch will serve you.

Most coil hype is just that.

-
Jim Adney