Re: [T3] Fring order

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
> 4: I got it running for 30 seconds one time, as soon as I touched the
accelarator linkage it died, couldn't get it
> going again. Any one with suggestions to start from scratch?

Check that the gear shift cable has not become disconnected from the
shifter, leaving the car in between gears. This happened on my car, and
manual car owners advised me that I had a carb problem.

The symptoms can be _very_  low rpm (putt . . . putt ..... putt ......putt
...... at full throttle), no idling, shuddering, very ragged running, or a
tendency to drive off as soon as the engine starts, depending on which
condition the transmission is stuck in. Connecting the cable firmly to the
shifter and running it once though the gears fixes the problem.

Daniel Baum
'69 Automatic T34