[T3] engine running rich

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hello,

I have a 71 fastback with a stock fuel-injected engine. It has a problem
where it will run fine when first started up, but when it warms up, it
seems to run too rich; gas smell from exhaust, poor mileage & acceleration,
and it's hard to restart (have to hold the pedal to the floor when warm;
though cold start is easy)

I took it to my mechanic, he set the timing, adjusted points, replaced
plugs, ground out one of the heads (he said a valve was "popping"?), and
set valves.  It runs much better overall since I got it back, but still the
same symptoms. He says my computer or my cold start valve is probably bad.

Does anybody have any ideas on what may be wrong, how I can fix or
unhook my cold start valve, or what else may need to be looked at?

Help would be appreciated.

-Ben

</x-charset>