[T3] Re: [T3] Fwd: Hazet tool set for VW1500 on E-bay

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Various people have commented on the 27mm spanner (wrench) in the toolkit,
but I have a similar Hazet spanner in 36mm at home that came with one of
my previous cars. This is obviously not up to doing rear hub nuts, but would
it have been part of a kit like this one? Or is it something a mechanic
has probably left in the car after servicing it?

It is possibly for a very early VW.  My original '55 Bus toolkit has a 36
mm open-end wrench in it for use on the early 36 mm generator pulley nut,
although it is not Hazet.  I believe the large pulley nut was used through
the 1955 model year.

Regards,
Everett Barnes
'55 Kombi