Re: [T3] Fwd: Hazet tool set for VW1500 on E-bay

<x-charset iso-8859-1>My split nuts (on my '65) are 24mm.  Heh.

Everett
everettb@thesamba.com

> > The Beetle would have two of
> > these wrenches due to the lock nut assembly, while the bus and the type
3
> > would have on due the the use of the late style bolted lock nut.
>
> The locking front hub-nuts plus locktab were used on Type 3s through '65
> models.

The bus's were 32mm dual lock nuts, and the split nut, was smaller than
27mm.
Besides, after the pinch bolt is loosened, the slip joint pliers would be
all
you need to get it off.