FW: [T3] type 4 engine in a squareback?

----------
From: Daniel P McKellip <dmckeellip@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:03:22 -0700
To: Keith Park <topnotch@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [T3] type 4 engine in a squareback?

on 11/18/01 11:15 AM, Keith Park at topnotch@nycap.rr.com wrote:

>> This simply wont happen... nothing you can do to a T3 and make it compare
> to even the cheeziest SUV's, unless perhaps you just mount the body on a
> Jeep chassis, but these are usually seen in the junkyard a few months later.
>
> Keith
>

> What I'm thinking here is turning my 69 squareback into an SUV/Jeep Killer
>> With a Berg 091 tranny conversion. I'd like to be able to pull a

OH I dare to differ Keith, Or should I say B^**$#!T !! I've taken my STOCK
69 squareback over many of the jeep trails in Colorado. And I always get
some strange looks when I get there. The square runs the rough terrain
FASTER and smoother than a jeep does and doesn't rattle your teeth off. Hell
class 11 cars are stock beetles running HDRA races so don't tell me a VW
can't blow the doors off a jeep on a 4x4 trail. Its not what you drive but
knowing how to drive it.

The reason I inquired on the type 4 conversion was that its time for a
rebuild so I thought it would be nice to have a little more power and the
low (5.38) Ring and pinion.