[T3] re t3 dual carb versus efi?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>hello all.
             well i think it boils down to this you are probably allways
going to be better of fixing what you have .
             both systems are now inherantly old and worn and so will give
problems due to age related decay.
             carbs are more widespread over here in europe (stock that is) i
love my carbs but then over the years my spares have built up geared towards
using carbs.
             my car is driven everyday other than when i go away for work !
i have a second set of carbs all built up and ready to go if i feel the
first set are giving me trouble . i can take them of and have my second set
fitted and be back on the road inside the hour try that with efi!
            this being said too truly nderstand them and the jetting and
balancing of them is not as easy as people think .
            as a rule to keep carbs working properly will take more time i
balance mine twice a year in the autumn before winter makes it horrible to
work on a car and in the spring when its good to see if you suffered any
damage during the depths of winter.
           my emmisions i have allways had checked when i go for my yearly
test i dont have to but it tells me if my car has gone out of tune and i
have generally been 1.0- 1.5 much to the surprise of the station testing who
allways expect a polluting monster granted this figure is down to about o.5
these days but its not bad i have worked with 80s and 90s cars that have
failed emmisssions difficult to get below 2 (manufactures names withheld)
           in the usa you are better of sticking with the more commonly
available efi as it is more available we here in europe may swing either way
so to speak .
            and at the end of the day allso if you have a good grip of
tuning carbs you will get better mpg and performance.
            when i move over to my t4 engine ive got a pair of dell 40s to
go on it this will be a learning curve again for me but this is what it is
all about as well i like to tinker about so it suits me fine.get to know
your system and all shuld be well.
               in the back of my mind i do still have this mad urge to stick
a k-jet from an 80s golf gti on a flat 4 as i understand this system as well
due to my experiences with gtis as well but space under our deck lids makes
this a very difficult proposition unless you want your dogs to sit on a lump
in the back of the car!
             everybody please have fun it is what it is all about dont take
it all to heart or to seriously .
             neil verdon 66 sqr on irs pan
pan off resto 1649 cc running twin stock pdsits carbs driven very hard daily
still strong after 20,000 miles (going to  t4 2.2ltr power)