[T3] Installing aftermarket (bucket) seats

Anyone have any thoughts or experience in installing and using newer, more modern seats in the T3.  What it would entail? I would like to be able to move my seat back and forth, basically using the orginal rails etc.
Dont get me wrong I think the low backs look way cool, BUT I have a pair of nice hugging bucket seats and my original low backs are not in too good of shape (and I am short on $$) and want to start driving my newly running car asap!
I was looking at the base of the original seats and they are quite different from T1's--so I'm not quite sure how could install my new seats on theses orginal bases, any suggestions?

Thanks for any input,
Dave