RE: Pan-off

On 15 Nov 2001, at 9:57, David Buckholts wrote:

> Sorry Jim,  I was speaking of the whole car!  I'm going to paint it a stock
> light blue eventually.  There is some body smoothing that needs to be done that
> I can do with the car put together.   I'm retaining all stock chrome and trim,
> too.  As for the birds, my house is pretty much in a field so there isn't a
> whole lot of woory about that.  Plus I'll just sand it off and spray another
> coat of primer!

Keep in mind that if this flat black is a primer, most primers won't keep your
car from rusting unless there is a finish coat on top of it; it needs that to seal
it.  I see a lot of cars driving around with primer that was going to be "finished
up later" but which rusted thru the primer quickly. I suspect that this is so
heartbreaking to the owners that they usually abandon the whole project.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054