Re: [T3] Master cylinder question

<x-charset iso-8859-1>You're quite right Henrik.  My '58 version of the VW Workshop Manual does
indeed mention a check valve, and explains that it is used to ensure a fresh
charge of fluid is drawn into the M/C during bleeding (and presumably
'pumping' too).

Because there couldn't be any residual pressure in the tandem M/C, the Type
3 outlet drillings were reduced in size to allow pumping of the master
cylinder (it says in my Factory Type 3 Workshop Manual).

Ah yes, there is a Specialitzen Bodenventil (or something - can't move all
those boxes again to get to the manuals); M/Cs have a blue label on them to
this effect.

So now we all know!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club