Re: [T3] Anyone know about original radio mounts??

On 14 Nov 2001, at 9:35, Rob Carpenter wrote:

> I have a '63 without the original radio, but still has
> the mount. I have noticed it has like electric prongs
> up on the top, and it appears the correct radio for
> this would simply slide up and groove into these, so I
> guess my question would be.

Your radio was not installed at the factory, but either at the dealer or
afterwards. There's no way to tell for sure what kind of radio you had, but I
can make a guess. Blaupunkt made a "portable" that slid into a kind of
sleeve for use in the car. It is possible that this is what you had. The sleeve
contained contacts for power, ground, antenna, and speaker. It's also
possible that this was a similar radio made by Grundig or Becker. I've never
seen one of these in person, but perhaps someone else here has.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054