[T3] Anyone know about original radio mounts??

Hello,
I have a '63 without the original radio, but still has
the mount. I have noticed it has like electric prongs
up on the top, and it appears the correct radio for
this would simply slide up and groove into these, so I
guess my question would be.
Should I be looking for a radio with somekind of like
electronic thing happening on the top to mesh with my
mounts, or is this just for connection, i.e.
grounding, reception etc.??

Rob