Re: [T3] Generator Part 2

Oops....sorry about the blank note to Jim and the List.....hit the wrong
key.....must be giddy from my midnight test run with the 66 Square.

I pulled the generator again and took it apart to check out the windings and
stuff per Bentley.  Everything checked out, so I cleaned all the contacts and
the commutator and the brushes and carefully put it back together and
reinstalled it.  Fired her up and she was happily charging away.
Yaaahhhhhoooooooo!  Not sure what fixed it,  but I am not complaining.

Took her for the first real spin around the neighbor, even out on to the
freeway.  She got up to 65mph no problem.  Didn't push it beyond that since I
still have the old bias ply tires on the back and radials up front......I
know not great, but I have to recondition a couple of rims before getting the
radial on for the back.  I cruised the neighborhood for 20 minutes or so and
then pulled back into the garage.  All the wheel hubs and brakes were
reasonable warm.  I could hold the dipstick between my fingers.  She idled
happily along when necessary.  All the lights work, etc, etc, etc.

Very happy to be driving a T3 again.  It is supposed to be unseasonable warm
here in SE Michigan the next few days.  I am going to try to get a few miles
on her before the snow and salt hit.  Shake out any bugs.......then put her
away for the winter.