Re: [T3] Front Vents Under Window

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> How do i gain access to the vents on the front of my T3 just under the
front
> window, they are full of leaves and dirt.

It's a long process to remove the box under the dash, but it's the only way
to get it all out, unless you want to cut a hatch from under the front hood.
You can get a lot out by blasting with compressed air, which can rip it up
and scatter the little bits out of the grill again, but I fear you will get
a lot of it on the top of the fresh-air box inlet if you do that.  There's a
sort of lip around the fresh-air box inlet and a grid at the top to stop big
bits getting in.  Mine was very rusty when I cut a hatch out under the hood,
so it was worth doing it, but that may not be the case for yours.  The
increase in air flow was amazing once I'd cleaned everything up again and
remade the lip.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/