[T3] re t4 power

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Well, my core is a 1.7 914.  Just not sure if I really want to use that or
get a 2.0, I get the impression that converting the 1.7 to 2.0 is not worth
the money and effort over just starting with a 2.0.

    this depends if you are planning on using any of the parts from your
core motor it doesnt make to much difference if your gonna drop a stroker in
new cam new rods etc all the cases are the same size internally!
        i here good things about the 1.7ltr heads could be heads of choice
if you are haveing bigger valves fitted to them anyway as they give less
problems  this is covered at lenghth at the t4rum on shoptalk.com
      so in a nutshell i guess it depends if your gonna use the internals of
that engine or not !
      good luck.
neil verdon 66 sqr on irs pan
best among equals rise to the top.